- Central location, walking distance to the bus stops which can take you all of Costa Rica
- 24 hours reception with local knowledge
- Free all you can eat breakfast with butter, jams, chocolate, fruits, cereals, milk…..
- Free tea and coffee all day long
- Free luggage storage
- Free safe deposit boxes
- Free city maps with all highlights
- Free night stay for artistic travelers which wants to make an art or performance in the hostel*
- Affordable tours around the country…
At Stray Cat Hostel we endeavour to provide you with authentic, creative and engaging travel experiences. We, the staff, recognize ourselves as the travelers’ connection to the city. We are here to present you different ways to enjoy San José and Costa Rica, let us share with you the true meaning of pura vida!
We are conveniently located between the bus stations, the largest park in the city, and the downtown cultural attractions. Stray Cat is just outside the noisy hustle and bustle but still close enough to be only a 10 minute walk to the central avenue. Travelers love that within 5 minutes you can walk to most of the long-haul bus stops which can take you across all of Costa Rica.
We have a well-equipped kitchen and cozy common areas where you can enjoy our complimentary breakfast and trade adventure tales. You can also enjoy a good night’s rest in several different types of rooms including single, double, triple, or quadruple occupancy, and mixed or female only dorms.
Stray Cat is a social hostel, but not a party one. In the common area every guest can see a short mission statement which explains our emphasis on inclusivity:
“For the comfort of all guests we are not able to tolerate any kind of behaviour consisting of religious, sexual, ethnic or any other kind of discrimination.”
We hope you will come co-create a unique experience with us and enjoy being among friendly faces.
We offer a free night stay to artistic travelers who want to make a performance or some art in the hostel. Please let us know if you wish to participate in the Stray Cat experience.